Friday, December 11, 2009

Last Friday

Hi everyone -

I'm down to 4 more days in Germany...I'm really bummed, but hopefully I can make the last 4 count. The last week just basically consisted of a lot of studying and a lot of paper writing. I had a lot of stuff due this week. I stayed home during the weekend and got stuff done. Saturday night I hung out with my host sister and watched Germany's Got Talent which was fun. On Tuesday we were finally done with our finals, because we aren't in the Polysci class that had a final on Wednesday. To celebrate, me lauren and brittney met up with our new friends Jasmin, Irene, and Nora. They go to the Schiller Gymnasium right next to Elisabeth von Thüringen Gymnasium where our classes are. We went to a shisha bar then kinda hung out around Zülpicherplatz and Barbarossaplatz. Wednesday night we had our farewell party. We met at Frank, our program directors, house and we drank a lot of beer and had a jolly old time. After that we went to the Capitol and I ate some REALLY good tortellini and we drank more beer. As evidence by the pictures on my camera, we had a really fun night. It was nice to have all 15 of us together for a change. Yesterday we all met in Rudolfplatz for lunch, and afterwards we met our Schiller Gymnasium friends at the Cafe near the school for coffee. It was really sad to go to the cafe for the last time, and Maria who owns it gave us free coffee. Last night we went to a pool hall called Der Stiefel for a drink and then ended the night at Kim Phuc. Unfortunately I wasn't hungry at all so I didn't eat anything. Oh we also went to the Opera on Sunday which I though I was going to hate, but I actually ended up liking it. It was hard to understand because the parts that were in German they obviously didn't put the words up on a screen, but there were parts in French where they did have the words up in German so I could read that. It was interesting. I think my finals went pretty well but I'll know better next week I guess!

No comments:

Post a Comment