Friday, November 6, 2009

November

Guten Tag!

So I just got to Vienna and I figured I'd write a blog before sightseeing! We didn't have much going on this week so I pretty much took it easy. Went to school, did homework, and maybe hung out after class a little bit. Wednesday we did get to go to a building that was the Gestapo headquarters in Cologne. Now it's a museum dedicated to the Nazi era. It's really crazy! We did our tour in German, and our tour guide literally spoke the fastest German ever, so we could hardly understand him but it was still cool. In the basement they still have the prison cells where they kept, tortured, and murdered their prisoners. It was really eerie. The prisoners had written things on the wall that you can still read now. It was very...well you can imagine.

That's really the only excursion I had this week. I hung out with my host family a little and did a bunch of homework. Today the others are going to Ford, but we skipped out on that so Brittney and I could come to Vienna! We're couchsurfing with Emi and Fabian who live on Langergasse in the center of Vienna. The location is great and they have two cute little kitties! Since we had an early flight and didn't get much sleep, Brittney is taking a nap and I am blogging. After that we'll go and do some touring around the old town, and tomorrow we'll go see some palaces and stuff! Monday most of our group is going with our Professor, Laurel, to Berlin for the 20th anniversary celebration of the wall coming down! I'm so excited, what a cool experience! I'm sure I'll have much more to blog about on Tuesday when I get back! And next weekend we'll be in Paris!

Talk to you soon!
Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment